Sunday, June 29, 2008

Flippin Hot

I know that the San Diego crowd will not sympathize with me, but here near Seattle it got to 91.7 degrees today! We have not had anything over 80 this year.
I spent the day driving around without air conditioning because we never need it up here. Yesterday it was pointed out to me that I had a very flat tire, and I noticed that except for being flat, the rest of my tires were not in much better shape. So I hopped on Craigslist and found 4 tires, in my size (38 slim...) for $70. I was super excited and drove the 45 minutes in the heat to get them. Then after nearly separating my shoulder using the tire iron to get my flat tire off, I discovered that the new rims were for a bigger Chevy and would not fit by about a 1/4". After kicking my car off the jack, then getting it back on, I called Walmart and they offered to patch my tire for a mere $9.50 and 3 hours of my day. I was smart enough to come home and play in the pool while my tire was being repaired. I also let my girls in when I was done skinny dipping...


We made it back from Wallyworld, with a few popsicles to cool off our insides and I returned my shoulder to its proper position while putting my old tire on. I still will need tires soon, and I am fortunate enough to have a friend who has the machines to put tires on rims and balance them too. So it was not a total waste.
We also went to church this morning, and had an awesome sermon on worship and how even though we usually feel better after worship, that is not the point. It is something that is not for us, it is for the glory of God and his Kingdom. The audio is usually up by Wednesday, and I highly recommend you all listen to it. You can find it at www.smokeypointcommunitychurch.org.
Well I am sweating from all this typing, so I am heading back to the pool.

0 comments: