Monday, July 14, 2008

Unplugging

Well I have been a little busy with my friend from Denmark visiting at the same time my mom was here, and that has kept me from blogging.
Besides the fun of shooting fireworks, there has not been a whole lot of news around here.
The only thing to talk about is our unplugging our television from DirecTV. We have loved all their services and I have nothing bad to say about them, we are just looking for ways to cut costs so I can afford to drive to work and feed my kids. After having the account on hold for a few months, we realized that we do not miss TV. We still have our DVD player and a Netflix subscription that allows us to watch some things on our computer, but instead of turning on the tube, we are playing more games (mostly Mario Kart!) and spending more time with our kids. We are also going to downgrade our phone to the basic service, without caller ID! I know some of you are screaming heresy, but we can save $12 a month, and that gets me almost 3 gallons of gas, which is 3 more days I can drive to work. Coraly will just have to screen calls with the answering machine like they did in the old days.
I know that this downturn in the economy will not last forever, and I am not too worried yet, but for now, if I see a way I can save a few bucks, I will do it. I am also looking for ways to pull a little more cash into my pockets. You can also visit my ebay page, where I am selling my left and right appendix.

2 comments:

Coraly said...

funny...kidney... who needs those

Coraly said...

sorry... appendix... but really who needs those anyways