Saturday, June 14, 2008

Finally!

Man it has been a long time since I have been here.
I went to San Diego to give some blood to my brother Mark for his heart surgery. The woman (term used loosely) who skewered my arm succeeded in getting the blood, but also left a pear sized bruise that has now been there for a week!


But I would do it again if my brother needed it. Scott had a worse time giving platelets, they would take some blood, spin out the platelets and plasma, and then put the red cells back in through the same needle! He has a new respect for older women and their hot flashes!
After being shishkebabed I got to spend an entire afternoon and evening with my mom, which I have not done in years. It was so awesome, and I hope I can do it again soon.
Sunday I spent mostly with my three little brothers; Scott, Mark, and Paul. It was a lot of fun to get the four amigos together.


Left to Right: Me, Mark, Paul, Scott


It was a great weekend and I was glad to be able to help Mark in a little way.
His surgery went perfect, and his recovery is going so well he may be out of the hospital tomorrow, only 5 days after his surgery! Only the Lord God could provide him with the strength to do that, and for that we praise His name! Even through the tough times, we can rely on God, who has orchestrated all for the glory of His kingdom. I will admit that it is hard to think that God allowed Mark to require 2 heart surgeries before the age of 24, but we have seen many miracles through them, and it has strengthened our faith.


If you can handle the sight of a little blood, I recommend you see the slide show my cousin Melissa did the night after Mark's surgery.

View Slideshow

0 comments: