Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend at the Beach

To all my fans who have been "crying for more".
I wish I could be sorry for not blogging recently, but I am not. I had the opportunity to spend a weekend at the Washington coast in a town called Grayland. Someone won a gold medal for naming that town. Gray was all we saw the first day. We tried to head towards where we thought the beach would be, but after being pelted with frozen rain drops and almost losing my youngest a la rejected nannies in Mary Poppins, we decide to stay in our shelter.
It was an awesome day of absolutely nothing.
The next day was filled with adventure. We went up the "Cranberry Coast" to Westport and had the best apple fritter to ever touch my tongue. After a walk along the beaches where some locos were surfing, we found a little place called the Westport Grill which had one of the greatest fish'n'chips to ever fill my mouth.
I also got to drive on the beach and took my daughters on an adventure of chasing seagulls and turning around so fast, their carseats tipped as I dug massive donuts in the sand. They call it "driving crazy on the sand" I call it pure fun. Thank goodness for "Low 4x4" mode or I would have called it "Geico pulling me out"!
So this blog will finish without any deep theological thoughts or soapbox ideas. My brain is still on "do nothing" mode. I sure hope it switches out by the time I clock in tomorrow morning.

This is the view off the deck of the house we stayed at:

1 comments:

mommybader said...

What, no new blog today? Slacker...I'll be sure to let you know how the "Spiderman Plan" works for curing my motion sickness. I don't have a good feeling about it but I trust you Jeff. You wouldn't lead me astray now, would you?