Sunday, August 3, 2008

Blue Collar Week 1

Well this has been a long week. It was really hard adjusting to the new work time and the commute, but I made it through. I have been working hard, but I am not sure if that has caused me to lose weight yet, my tummy is smaller but my arms are larger. It takes a lot to pull 800ft of cable through an overhead pipe...
Through this whole experience, I am learning the value of having good friends and a great family. I have had so much support and encouragement these past 2 weeks, that it really has not been as hard as I thought it would be.
So a huge thanks to all my family and friends who have supported me through this, I know that I could not have made it without you. An even huger thanks goes to my wife for putting up with my tired and cranky butt this week. She has been nothing but encouraging and that makes it just a little easier to get up at 4:30.
But the biggest thanks possible goes to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Without His strength and His ability to take all my worries and cares off my shoulders, I know that I would have resorted to drinking or drugs to take away the pain, disappointment, fear, and confusion. My biggest hope for coming through this tough time is that I can have the opportunity to show the love and power of Jesus to at least one person. If one person meets Jesus, then this was all worth it, and I would do it again, just to have one more for Jesus. As we sang in church this morning, "I am nothing, without You."
The message this morning was also incredible. I think the notes are up, and the audio should be up Wednesday. Check out Smokey Point Community Church for the message on assurance of salvation.

0 comments: