Friday, April 11, 2008

Fourth Post

Wow it is really hard to blog during the week! I started a few times, but kept being interrupted by life. Two little girls will do that to you! Although I guess they are not so little anymore. Layne is signed up for Kindergarten and Maisen has finally toilet trained herself. I would like to think that Coraly or I had something to do with it, but the most we did was make her wear panties, and when she messed herself, we let her stew in it for a short time. That sure changed her attitude towards using the "potty toilet".

Then our good friend had to choose this week (Spring Break) to have chronic deflating lungs. So she dumped her kids off on us to go have surgery. Good thing her kids are just about the same age as ours and they are all best friends. I guess we could call them our B.F.F. (Best Friend Family) Our kids are best friends (Maisen and Tirus are practically married) Coraly and Laura hang out all the time, and although Anthony works a lot, we get out to play racquetball a few days a week. They have always been there for us, so it was our pleasure to give a little back.

That just added to the crazy week with our church and my men's group going through some changes that were unexpected. I wish that I could report that the modern church is perfect, but anyone who has read the news in the past few years would know that I was either lying or seriously out of touch with reality. Maybe after this weekends sermon I will be brave enough to tackle my thoughts on religion. For now I will just pray that our church will use this time to refocus on our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and make sure that he is our priority, not the business side of church.

Well I am really looking forward to this weekend, the sun should be out, and we might break 70 degrees tomorrow! Tomorrow is also our day we can upgrade our cell phones, which is a good thing since we have to recharge them after talking on them for less than 30 minutes. I think I will be getting the "chocolate" so I can recycle my MP3 player. I will keep you updated on how well that works.

I am writing all this as Coraly is at the hospital with Laura. We are praying that she will be released tomorrow as she has been there since Tuesday! Please pray with us and I will let you know how it works out. I promised the girls we would make popcorn at 8, while we are watching Disney's Tarzan, so I better spell check this and post it.

0 comments: